It’s just the hosts today! We didn’t have any special planned so we decided to have only the hosts on, it’s been awhile when we’ve done this. We start off the show with San Diego Magazine’s Best Restaurants of 2018. We drink a few beers as well, an unreleased Belgian IPA from Longship Brewery and an NE style IPA from Ola Brew. Of course, we give our opinions on both. After a break, we finish up the Best Restaurants segment and open up beers from Burning Beard, Modern Times, and Toolbox. We move into other topics like:
- The San Diego Brewers Guild’s new SD Beer app.
- Whether or not you should drink from the can or always pour into a glass?
- What factors to do you look at when going into a new brewery?
- When do you Stout?
In the News
- ChuckAlek is changing but not changing at the same time. Husband and wife team Grant Fraley and Marta Jankowska are moving to Colorado but the brewery and garden are staying open under the supervision of head brewer Samantha Olson. Read more at West Coaster.
- Update on Benchmark from Brian.
- Novo Brazil expanding into National City. 8th Avenue & A Street. Read more at West Coaster.
- Mason Ale Works and Kitchen opening in the near future – 5550 Carmel Mountain Rd #115, San Diego, CA 92130
I Do Declare!
Thank you, The Perfect Pour, Colin Salmon, Ken Lierman, Chris Bush, Tony Bagz, Tom Keliinoi, Ryan DeBusk, West Coaster, Dave V, Roger Smith, Captain Eli, Craftbeeray, Vance Arthurs, Bill Benzel, Patrick Zacharias, Greg Nagel, Neil Halpin, John Allegretti, Scott Schmalbach, Brian Goold, Matt Landes, Cyrus B, Ben, Hoppy Craftsmen Podcast, Rock Out Scholarship Fund (Shawn Coady), Gwynntelligence (Padres Jagoff), Carlos Lee, Liz Bauer, James Ramsay, Christa Mitchell, Johnny Rivera, Theresa Lopez, Tyler Ferguson, Queso, Oscar Barron, Amy Spackman, and NEW! Three Frogs Beer Company!
This episode was recorded live at Pariah Brewing.
We are sponsored by!
TapCraft is an original San Diego draught systems company, with over 60 years of experience designing, installing and maintaining systems locally and beyond. Setting the industry standard for all beverage draught systems, TapCraft is Draughting Quality Beverages.
Check out our new Support Us! Page!
We have a Patreon Page!
Pledge $1 or give more, either way, we love our listeners. We hope we provide some value in your life so you can provide some value to ours. Value for Value model. Look at the various rewards for even more value we can give our best fans!
Rate us on iTunes!
We understand not everyone can give back via Patreon. Another way you can help us reach a bigger audience is rating the show on iTunes. Please give us some feedback and rate us!
All music is from The Routine. Check them out and go to a show!
Our logo was created by Craft Beerd artist Rudy Pollorena Jr. If you like craft beer and want to show your passion, check out his art and buy some merch.