In this week’s show, we are all over the place due to some last minute changes. We are joined by Rudy Pollorena Jr from Craft Beerd. We start this Smörgåsbord show with talking about Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Drinking a classic beer automatically makes us talk about the current IPA culture in San Deigo and how this pale stands the test of time. We rant a little about a new Goose Island commercial and the new “four ingredients” Budweiser commercial. During the rant, therealmatatat texts us and we find out there may a new tap room that has opened up from a brewery in Santa Clara, Golden State Brewery. If our listeners know anything about them, please let us know. We then talk more about our collaboration beer with Longship Brewing. We then get to the news.
- NEW BREWERY ALERT! Attitude Brewing Company will be opening in Barrio Logan on 1985 National Avenue (same building as Iron Fist.) Kurt Bach wanted to open in Portland, but it is more saturated than San Diego per capita. Also opening Attitude Gourmet Wraps, Burgers and Beers and plans on more locations in the future. Hopes to open in December.
- NEW BREWERY ALERT! Northern Pine Brewing located at 326 N Horne St in Oceanside. From their site – NPB is a brewery built around the passion for quality craft beer, being outdoors, giving back, and sharing what you love with people. They have brewed beer and it is in tanks and stated they are mere weeks away from opening.
- San Diego Distillery has had a fire. News reports claim $300k damage and it seems the fire started at or near one of the stills. We wish Trent and his family some good vibes and we hope to have more information soon. There is a GoFundMe page here to help.
- We have a race to see who will be the next brewery to open – Deft and Wild Barrel both have beers in the tank and are about to open – social media suggests that Wild Barrel may open September 30th. They also have a bottle club you can join – $300 gets you 20 bottles!
- Sore Eye Sudsmas is coming up! The goal this year will be 5,000 pounds of food. It will be at Societe again and they will be releasing some really cool specials if the goal is met. You can RSVP for this event on Facebook and the date is December 9th. See you all there!
I Do Declare!
Thank you, The Perfect Pour, Colin Salmon, Tait Campbell, Ken Lierman, Chris Bush, Tony Bagz, Tom Keliinoi, Nick Shields, Ryan DeBusk, West Coaster, Dave V, Roger Smith, Captain Eli, Craftbeeray, Vance Arthurs, Bill Benzel, Alana Gomez, Patrick Zacharias, Ryan Fowler, Greg Nagel, Neil Halpin, John Allegretti, Scott Schmalbach, Brian Goold, Matt Landes, Cyrus B, Ben, and Hoppy Craftsmen Podcast!
Where to find our guests:
Rudy from CRAFT BEERD:
This episode was recorded at The Brew Project.
Check out our new Support Us! page!
We have a Patreon Page!
Pledge $1 or give more, either way, we love our listeners. We hope we provide some value in your life so you can provide some value in ours. Value for Value model. Look at the various rewards for even more value we can give our best fans!
Buy a T-shirt and put SD BeerTalk on your chest!
Go to store.sdbeertalk.com and pre-order a shirt in either white or dark gray. All shirts are $20.
Rate us on iTunes!
We understand not everyone can give back via Patreon. Another way you can help us reach a bigger audience is rating the show in iTunes. Please give us some feedback and rate us!
Our logo was created by Craft Beerd artist Rudy Pollorena Jr. If you like craft beer and want to show your passion, check out his art and buy some merch.