We gather a bunch of old and new friends on this episode. We welcome long-time guests (and co-hosts) Ryan DeBusk and Travis Hudson on the show. Adding to the craziness that is this show, we also have new guests Chris Vascellaro, Matt, and Alex Mortensen from Growler Hour and Joel Manahan from Beer with Pleasant Strangers podcast. We start with drinking the 40oz. to Freedom Mexican Lager from Alesmith in collaboration with Sublime. Eventually, after some heavy beers, we get into our topics for the night. Be warned that we do side track during all of these topics. After the topics, we get into our news segment.
- Bottle Logic Fundamental Observation Batch 3 release going into a conversation about general can or bottle releases. Are lines getting too crazy and are they worth it?
- Beer as a “status symbol.” Are people only buying the beer to post on social media and really don’t care about the beer?
- From listener Johnny: “More skateboard talk please or taco shop talk for #TacoTuesday”
In the News!
- New Brewery Alert! – Deft Brewing (5328 Banks Street, Suite A, Bay Park), a 1950s gable-roofed former fishing-boat factory in a cul-de-sac a block off Morena Boulevard, Linda Vista and Friars Road. Owners Morris and Robin Nuspl, Morris will be head brewer with Mike Finn as assistant brewer. Two barrel brewhouse to start and building up to 10-bbl eventually. On track to open around Labor Day.
- Thr3e Punk Ales (259 3rd Avenue, Chula Vista) brewery and tasting room will finally be open August 6th!
- Alta Brewing (1983 Julian Avenue, Barrio Logan) should be opening by early August in Barrio Logan. Brent Stampf will be head brewer, comes from Green Flash, Stone, and La Jolla Brewing. Classic IPA styles will be brewed like the ones he brewed before.
I Do Declare!
Thank you, The Perfect Pour, Colin Salmon, Tait Campbell, Ken Lierman, Chris Bush, Mitch Tantrum, Tony Bagz, Aaron Graham, Tom Keliinoi, Nick Shields, Ryan DeBusk, West Coaster, Dave V, Roger Smith, Captain Eli, Craftbeeray, Vance Arthurs, Bill Benzel, Alana Gomez, Patrick Zacharias, Ryan Fowler, Greg Nagel, Neil Halpin, John Allegretti, and Scott Schmalbach!
Where to find our guests:
This episode was recorded live at Benchmark Brewing.
Check out our new Support Us! page!
We have a Patreon Page!
Pledge $1 or give more, either way, we love our listeners. We hope we provide some value in your life so you can provide some value in ours. Value for Value model. Look at the various rewards we have, even more value we can give our best fans!
Buy a T-shirt and put SD BeerTalk on your chest!
Go to store.sdbeertalk.com and pre-order a shirt in either white or dark gray. All shirts are $20.
Rate us on iTunes!
We understand not everyone can give back via Patreon. Another way you can help us reach a bigger audience is rating the show in iTunes. Please give us some feedback and rate us!
Our logo was created by Craft Beerd artist Rudy Pollorena Jr. If you like craft beer and want to show your passion, check out his art and buy some merch.