This show has been in the works for a while. We are joined by some awesome #SDBeer friends this week. You’ll hear Cody Thompson and Tom Pritchard from Three B Zine podcast and Travis Hudson from Brown Bag Beverage and craftbeerluv619 fame. We start the show with responding to some comments made on Perfect Pour Episode 159 with Tony Bagz and Tyler Clark from Libertine Brewing Company. After way too much talking about Saint Archer and their buyout we get into the news.
In the News!
- Since our last show more Ballast Point departures, Jack White and Yuseff Cherney. CEO been replaced by Marty Birkel, current president of Constellation Brands.
- MillerCoors announces another craft beer deal – Hop Valley Brewing Co. (Eugene, OR)
- The Lost Abbey Duck Duck Gooze release on Tuesday, no wait Friday, try again Friday, no wait next Tuesday.
- The winner of the Sore Eye Cup is Tabula Rasa from Second Chance Beer Co.
- Karl Strauss Anaheim (Information obtained from The Full Pint)
- Address: 2390 East Orangewood Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92806
- Square footage: 11,885 total / 1,576 outdoor patio
- Brew system: 7-barrel brewhouse, two 14-barrel fermenters, three 14-barrel brite beer tanks
- Brew capacity: 35+ small batch beer releases annually
- Occupancy: 355 seats
- Opening Date: August 22nd, 2016
- Operating Hours: 11am-10pm Sunday – Thursday / 11am-11pm Friday & Saturday
- Eppig Brewing will be the second brewery in the Brewery Igniter program in North Park. 3rd is unknown at this point in time, still may be in negotiations.
I Do Declare!
Thank you The Perfect Pour, Tait Campbell, Ken Lierman, Amy (and Rudy) Pollorena, Chris Bush, Mitch Tantrum, Aaron Graham, Tom Keliinoi, and Nick Shields!
Where to find our guests:
This episode was recorded at The Brew Project!
We have a Patreon Page!
Pledge $1 or give more, either way we love our listeners. We hope we provide some value in your life so you can provide some value in ours. Value for Value model. Look at the various rewards we have, even more value we can give our best fans!
Buy a T-shirt and put SD BeerTalk on your chest!
Go to store.sdbeertalk.com and pre-order a shirt in either white or dark grey. All shirts are $15 during the pre-order when you use coupon code SDBT5.
Rate us on iTunes!
We understand not everyone can give back via Patreon. Another way you can help us reach a bigger audience is rating the show in iTunes. Please give us some feedback and rate us!
All music is from The Routine. Check them out and go to a show! Also be sure to check out their new album Black Tropics! The small clip you heard at the beginning is the intro music from Three B Zine, Conversations from Brothers Weiss, buy it too!
Our logo was created by Craft Beerd artist Rudy Pollorena Jr. If you like craft beer and want to show your passion, check out his art and buy some merch.