Troy and David are back on the show! Wait a minute, they haven’t been on the show before! It all depends on who you ask, we recorded with them a few weeks back but the show did not come out to the satisfaction of all of us. We decided to give them another chance and we are very happy we did, the show turned out amazing. Troy and David are from San Diego Magazine and both of them are on the Happy Half Hour Podcast along with Erin Chambers Smith, and Archana Ram.
Since we know Troy has no problem filling a show with his words, we start off by asking David what he does for the magazine. Up next is Troy’s history, not only with the magazine but with Food Network, Fox Rox, and the Padres. We wonder what Troy’s favorite food moments have been for him so far. After getting more into Troy’s Food Network story, we open up a few beers from listeners. Esthela wonders which two breweries David has as his best. We end this part of the show with Troy talking about Bobby Flav and Iron Chef.
After the break, we come back to a new listener beer and we are joined by Travis Hudson. We talk about what’s going on with Tap Craft (sort of) and go into sour beers and yeast propagation. To get back on track we ask Troy what his three favorite restaurants are right now. We give David a similar question and ask him what are his three favorite beers right now. Then onto our closing segments.
In the News
- Council buys Finest Made’s spot in Santee. It will allow them to have their second tasting room and produce their Council lineup in higher quantity on a much more automated brewing system.
- The Brewers Association released the top 50 breweries by volume. Stone is up one spot to 8, Karl Strauss stays strong at 41, & Green Flash drops a bit to 43.
- Barrel Rescue to open in March and close pretty much right after.
- Also, the BA released their Beer Style Guidelines for 2018. They added:
- “Juicy or Hazy Pale Ale”
- “Juicy or Hazy IPA”
- “Juicy or Hazy Double IPA”
- Contemporary American-Style Pilsener
- Split Australian-Style Pale Ale to Classic Australian-Style Pale Ale & Australian-Style Pale Ale
- Split Gose & Contemporary Gose.
- Burning Beard is expanding! A 1,300-square-foot warehouse space that is being converted to house Burning Beard’s wild-ale program.
- There is a GoFundMe for Tom’s (from What’s on Draft) mother who fell and hit her head and is in a coma. She did not have any insurance so if you want to help, you can go to the GoFundMe page and donate. San Diego BeerTalk will also be donating all of the pledges from our Patreon page for the month of April.
I Do Declare!
Thank you, The Perfect Pour, Colin Salmon, Ken Lierman, Chris Bush, Tony Bagz, Tom Keliinoi, Ryan DeBusk, West Coaster, Dave V, Roger Smith, Captain Eli, Craftbeeray, Vance Arthurs, Bill Benzel, Alana Gomez, Patrick Zacharias, Greg Nagel, Neil Halpin, John Allegretti, Scott Schmalbach, Brian Goold, Matt Landes, Cyrus B, Ben, Hoppy Craftsmen Podcast, Rock Out Scholarship Fund (Shawn Coady), Gwynntelligence (Padres Jagoff), Carlos Lee, Liz Bauer, James Ramsay, Christa Mitchell, Johnny Rivera, Theresa Lopez, Tyler Ferguson, and NEW! Queso!
This episode was recorded live at Pariah Brewing.
Where to find our new host:
Where to find our guests:
We are sponsored by!
Use coupon code: Esthela for a really cool discount.
Check out our new Support Us! page!
We have a Patreon Page!
Pledge $1 or give more, either way, we love our listeners. We hope we provide some value in your life so you can provide some value in ours. Value for Value model. Look at the various rewards for even more value we can give our best fans!
Rate us on iTunes!
We understand not everyone can give back via Patreon. Another way you can help us reach a bigger audience is rating the show in iTunes. Please give us some feedback and rate us!
Our logo was created by Craft Beerd artist Rudy Pollorena Jr. If you like craft beer and want to show your passion, check out his art and buy some merch.