Are you ready for another collaboration podcast? We are joined by Jacob Nikos who is one half of Let Me Drink About It, a local beer podcast on the YEW! network. Nikos just announced that Jake Collins is the other half of the show. You may remember Jake from a few of our previous shows. While Jake is not here, we were very happy we could get together and record two shows on one night, go listen to the Nikos’ show here.
After some shenanigans, we find out more about Nikos and how he started in the industry and what his first craft beer. We wonder what got him started in the podcast game. We drink a 2kids Brewing and Pink Boots Society collab and then ask Nikos if he wants about the current Green Flash and Alpine news. We discuss that for a bit and then get back into some fun. If you did not know, Societe has a burrito challenge and Nikos is happy to talk about it since he has done it a few times. A second beer we brought was The Funk IPA from Protector Brewery. It was a very different beer and you’ll hear our thoughts on that. Since we recorded two shows at once, we are already running out of time, we start the rapid round:
- When you get a chance to go outside your normal work environment, where do you go?
- Is Small Bar like a mullet, short in the front and long in the back?
- Have you been contacted by non-beer PR firms to do a show?
- What is the most fun thing you have been able to do because you work at Societe?
- What are some of your White Whale show guests?
- You keep talking about some big plans coming up, can you say anything?
- You usually have amazing customer stories, what was the last horrible customer?
In the News
- LA International Beer Competition – 50 medals, plus five honorable mentions. 19 Gold, 11 Silver, 20 Bronze (18 Indie)
- SD International Beer Competition – 61 medals. 18 Gold (17 Indie), 22 Silver, 21 Bronze
- Tasting Room space available in Poway. 2600 sq. feet, 1350 inside. About three miles North of Lightning and former Cellar 3 buildings.
- Stone is opening new tasting rooms in China and Berlin. You can read more about the Chinese expansion here.
Where to find our guests:
I Do Declare!
Thank you, The Perfect Pour, Colin Salmon, Ken Lierman, Chris Bush, Tony Bagz, Tom Keliinoi, Ryan DeBusk, West Coaster, Dave V, Roger Smith, Captain Eli, Craftbeeray, Vance Arthurs, Bill Benzel, Patrick Zacharias, Greg Nagel, Neil Halpin, John Allegretti, Scott Schmalbach, Brian Goold, Matt Landes, Cyrus B, Ben, Hoppy Craftsmen Podcast, Rock Out Scholarship Fund (Shawn Coady), Gwynntelligence (Padres Jagoff), Carlos Lee, Liz Bauer, James Ramsay, Christa Mitchell, Johnny Rivera, Theresa Lopez, Tyler Ferguson, Queso, Oscar Barron, and NEW! Amy Spackman!
This episode was recorded live at Pariah Brewing.
Check out our new Support Us! Page!
We have a Patreon Page!
Pledge $1 or give more, either way, we love our listeners. We hope we provide some value in your life so you can provide some value to ours. Value for Value model. Look at the various rewards for even more value we can give our best fans!
Rate us on iTunes!
We understand not everyone can give back via Patreon. Another way you can help us reach a bigger audience is rating the show on iTunes. Please give us some feedback and rate us!
All music is from The Routine. Check them out and go to a show!
Our logo was created by Craft Beerd artist Rudy Pollorena Jr. If you like craft beer and want to show your passion, check out his art and buy some merch.