We are back with our second live show in two weeks. This time we make the trek over to the Alpine Beer Co. tasting room and are joined by Shawn McIlhenney and Dylan Brown. We are very appreciative of the fans that came out during a day and night where San Diego actually had weather. The drive to Alpine is not one that is easily made when rain is pouring down on you.
Since we have been out to Alpine before, we skip all the introductory questions and get straight to what beers are currently flowing and which one are being brewed. Beagle has a nagging question about a rumor he’s bee hearing about from the industry. Assuming they are not pulling our leg, this rumor confirmation should make a lot of people happy. We wonder if much has changed in the last year since our last show. That leads to a talk about the history of the tasting room and the brewery as there is a lot of history inside those walls. Beagle then asks about how they came to be a brewery that utilizes the number of hops they do, but not one that focuses on IBUs and bitterness. We delve into the Green Flash purchase and how that looks like from the inside another year later. Beagle wants to get into a few of the special releases but we decide to take a break in between.
After the break, where we enjoyed some Duet cupcakes from Esthela and continue the talk about the rare beers Alpine produces. We find that not all the special release come out well, depending on how long the beer is aged. Esthela asks if Alpine has any collaborations coming up. The conversation moves into the current state of the industry and they feel Alpine is safe from any major changes. Somehow we find out that Helm’s was purchased by someone, but that someone is mainly going to be producing weed soda. We wrap the show up with some future events at Alpine and the news, including a very important message about the creation of CANCER FIGHTER.
In the News
- Bitter Brothers 2nd Anniversary will be two days long.
- January 20th – Backlot BBQ
- January 21 – Family Dinner pairing – $75
- Kyle Weigand, The Lodge at Torrey Pines
- Davin Waite, The Wrench & Rodent
- Tyson Blake, O’Brien’s Pub
- Miguel Valdez, The Red Door
- Elizabeth Olson, Born & Raised & Ironside
- Bottles of 2017 & 2018 Little Sister (BA Russian Imperial Stout) available for pre-purchase
- Congratulations to Paul Sangster of Rip Current, he is the new president of the SD Brewers Guild!
- Setting Sun Sake has a comic book! It is drawn by Kyler Suchey and can be bought as a package with a bottle of their Bock Sake.
- We have a sponsor!
- Rouleur just released CANCER FIGHTER with Brian Trout and Miguel Loza. Since it was released on January 13th, you can go grab a pint or two now and help Sarah Loza with her fight with cancer.
I Do Declare!
Thank you, The Perfect Pour, Colin Salmon, Ken Lierman, Chris Bush, Tony Bagz, Tom Keliinoi, Nick Shields, Ryan DeBusk, West Coaster, Dave V, Roger Smith, Captain Eli, Craftbeeray, Vance Arthurs, Bill Benzel, Alana Gomez, Patrick Zacharias, Greg Nagel, Neil Halpin, John Allegretti, Scott Schmalbach, Brian Goold, Matt Landes, Cyrus B, Ben, Hoppy Craftsmen Podcast, Rock Out Scholarship Fund (Shawn Coady), Gwynntelligence (Padres Jagoff), Carlos Lee, Liz Bauer, James Ramsay, and NEW! Christa Mitchell.
This episode was recorded live at Alpine Beer Co. tasting room.
Where to find our new host:
Where to find our guests:
Check out our new Support Us! page!
We have a Patreon Page!
Pledge $1 or give more, either way, we love our listeners. We hope we provide some value in your life so you can provide some value in ours. Value for Value model. Look at the various rewards for even more value we can give our best fans!
Rate us on iTunes!
We understand not everyone can give back via Patreon. Another way you can help us reach a bigger audience is rating the show in iTunes. Please give us some feedback and rate us!
Our logo was created by Craft Beerd artist Rudy Pollorena Jr. If you like craft beer and want to show your passion, check out his art and buy some merch.