We were very honored to be asked to collaborate on a beer with Longship Brewery. This was dubbed the #SDBeer All-star flight and we were not the only ones included. Longship asked Craft Beer Me, Hoppy Beer Hoppy Life, and Craftbeeray to all make a beer and then the public would vote for the winner. The beers served were:
- Noble Savage – Hoppy Table Beer from Hoppy Beer Hoppy Life
- SMaSH Fund – SMaSH IPA with Vienna and Chinook from San Diego BeerTalk Radio
- Persephone’s Fate – Belgian Saison with Palmagrante, Ginger, and Orange from Craft Beer Me
- Cucumber Gose from Craftbeeray
During the show, we interview Carlos from Craft Beer Me, Fede from Hoppy Beer Hoppy Life, and Dan from Longship.
In the News
- The City of San Diego invited local brewers to take part in a ceremony honoring them and their organizational backbone, the San Diego Brewers Guild, when District 6 Councilmember Chris Cate officially declared November 7, 2017, as “20th Anniversary of the Brewers Guild Day” in San Diego. Receiving a City of San Diego proclamation is a celebratory event; a moment where the City pauses to recognize the positive work of influential organizations like the San Diego Brewers Guild. It means that the Brewers Guild is part of San Diego’s history.
- Latchkey Brewing taking over Acoustic Ales’ Mission Brewery Plaza facility. Acoustic is looking at Carlsbad for a new location. Take over in Spring of 2018. Overhaul of the entire brewery to match Latchkey’s branding. They will also construct a full-scale kitchen so Latchkey can offer light breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack options as added enticements. Private event space will be offered as well.
- Stone Mission Warehouse Sour – Apricot – 4-pack of 11.2oz bottles – $32. Max four 4-packs each. 500 pounds of apricots squeezed into just four barrels of beer throughout different stages in the 18-month process.
I Do Declare!
Thank you, The Perfect Pour, Colin Salmon, Ken Lierman, Chris Bush, Tony Bagz, Tom Keliinoi, Nick Shields, Ryan DeBusk, West Coaster, Dave V, Roger Smith, Captain Eli, Craftbeeray, Vance Arthurs, Bill Benzel, Alana Gomez, Patrick Zacharias, Greg Nagel, Neil Halpin, John Allegretti, Scott Schmalbach, Brian Goold, Matt Landes, Cyrus B, Ben, Hoppy Craftsmen Podcast, Shawn Coady, Padres Jagoff, and Carlos Lee!
Where to find our guests:
This episode was recorded live at Longship Brewery.
Check out our new Support Us! page!
We have a Patreon Page!
Pledge $1 or give more, either way, we love our listeners. We hope we provide some value in your life so you can provide some value in ours. Value for Value model. Look at the various rewards for even more value we can give our best fans!
Buy a T-shirt and put SD BeerTalk on your chest!
Go to store.sdbeertalk.com and pre-order a shirt in either white or dark gray. All shirts are $20.
Rate us on iTunes!
We understand not everyone can give back via Patreon. Another way you can help us reach a bigger audience is rating the show in iTunes. Please give us some feedback and rate us!
Our logo was created by Craft Beerd artist Rudy Pollorena Jr. If you like craft beer and want to show your passion, check out his art and buy some merch.