We are so happy to have recorded another panel of industry people to talk about the current saturation (or lack thereof) of craft beer in San Diego. We are joined by:
- Jim Crute – Lightning Brewery
- Alex Van Horne – Intergalactic Brewing
- Grant Tondro – URGE Gastropub and Mason Ale Works
- Jill Davidson – Pizza Port Brewing and San Diego Brewers Guild
Questions asked on the show
- What are your thoughts on the current saturation of craft beer in San Diego?
- Do you feel the overall current environment of the industry is a bubble that’s about to burst or a mature industry having a few struggles with its identity?
- What do you think were the biggest factors to your success or failure?
- What do you think about the recent boom in tasting rooms?
- Do you think that is good for the industry in general?
- Have you been encouraged by “The Rising Tide” of independence being important to consumers?
- How much impact has “Big Beer” had in securing SKU and shelf space in retail establishments with their last five years of purchasing craft breweries?
- Why are we not talking about the fact that ABInbev bought five percent of craft beer in the last three years?
I Do Declare!
Thank you, The Perfect Pour, Colin Salmon, Tait Campbell, Ken Lierman, Chris Bush, Tony Bagz, Tom Keliinoi, Nick Shields, Ryan DeBusk, West Coaster, Dave V, Roger Smith, Captain Eli, Craftbeeray, Vance Arthurs, Bill Benzel, Alana Gomez, Patrick Zacharias, Ryan Fowler, Greg Nagel, Neil Halpin, John Allegretti, Scott Schmalbach, Brian Goold, Matt Landes, Cyrus B, Ben, and Hoppy Craftsmen Podcast! (Nate, Jeff, & Chris).
Where to find our guests:
Jill Davidson – Pizza Port:
Instagram (Business): @pizzaportbrewingco
Instagram (Personal): @_jillstagram
This episode was recorded at URGE Gastropub & Common House – San Marcos.
Check out our new Support Us! page!
We have a Patreon Page!
Pledge $1 or give more, either way, we love our listeners. We hope we provide some value in your life so you can provide some value in ours. Value for Value model. Look at the various rewards for even more value we can give our best fans!
Buy a T-shirt and put SD BeerTalk on your chest!
Go to store.sdbeertalk.com and pre-order a shirt in either white or dark gray. All shirts are $20.
Rate us on iTunes!
We understand not everyone can give back via Patreon. Another way you can help us reach a bigger audience is rating the show in iTunes. Please give us some feedback and rate us!
Our logo was created by Craft Beerd artist Rudy Pollorena Jr. If you like craft beer and want to show your passion, check out his art and buy some merch.