We travel up to Vista and through some pretty heavy traffic to head up to Barrel Harbor Brew Co. We are joined by the owners Tim St. Martin, the brewmaster Lance McCoy, and beertender and social media coordinator Kelsee.
As usual, we start with everyone’s intro to craft beers. From there we get into how Barrel Harbor got its name. That leads into talking about the statistics of the brewhouse and how hard it is when one of their best selling beers is a lager-style beer. We take an early break and come back and talk more about some of their other beers, including a Dunkelweizen that came out a few days ago. We do enter a topic that Lance is very opposed to, hazy IPAs. After a good discussion, we talk about their new location in Miramar. The tasting is partnered with At Ease Games which has turned out to be a good pairing.
After another break, we come back and talk about how Brown Ales should come back and how placed like Rip Current make killer beers, like “Triple IPA.” Then we get into listener comments and questions.
- Mike’s Craft Beer (Instagram: mikescraftbeer) – That is an epic logo.
- Keith Wilson (Instagram: kwilphoto) – Such a great place!
- Jesse (Twitter: jessegallapagos) – Can you ask them Where they get their ideas from?
In The News!
- Intergalactic is having their 4th Anniversary with four collabs. April 21-23. On tap and in four-pack variety pack cans.
- Breakfast Before Impact of Giant Hurtling Space Rock of Doom Imperial Coffee Porter – Rock Bottom
- Monocles & Elbow Patches Required Imperial ESB – Hillcrest
- Star Date 4.2 The Answer to Life, the Universe & Everything Divided by 10 Double IPA – River Rouge (Royal Oak, Mich)
- We Want to Punch You in the Face for Liking this Hazy IPA [It’s Not An IPA] – 2kids
I Do Declare!
Thank you, The Perfect Pour, Colin Salmon, Tait Campbell, Ken Lierman, Chris Bush, Mitch Tantrum, Tony Bagz, Aaron Graham, Tom Keliinoi, Nick Shields, Ryan DeBusk, Eddie Martin, West Coaster, Roger Smith, Captain Eli, Craftbeeray, and Vance for the beers sent to us!
Where to find our guests:
This episode was recorded at Barrel Harbor Brew Co.
Check out our new Support Us! page!
We have a Patreon Page!
Pledge $1 or give more, either way, we love our listeners. We hope we provide some value in your life so you can provide some value in ours. Value for Value model. Look at the various rewards we have, even more value we can give our best fans!
Buy a T-shirt and put SD BeerTalk on your chest!
Go to store.sdbeertalk.com and pre-order a shirt in either white or dark gray. All shirts are $20.
Rate us on iTunes!
We understand not everyone can give back via Patreon. Another way you can help us reach a bigger audience is rating the show in iTunes. Please give us some feedback and rate us!
Our logo was created by Craft Beerd artist Rudy Pollorena Jr. If you like craft beer and want to show your passion, check out his art and buy some merch.