Definitely one of the funnest episodes we’ve done! You’ll hear the craziness right away. We are joined by owner and head brewer Ray Astamendi and sales guru Larry Monasakanian from Fall Brewing Co. For the most part the show stays on track, but don’t be surprised if there’s a few times you are very confused on what is going on.
Yes we sounds like a record player, but we start off with the guests’ entrance into craft beer. From there we get the history of Fall and why Ray started it. That quickly turns into some of the specifics of the brewhouse. There’s something about “Unicorn Hot Dogs” and then we move onto Ray’s job with Premier Stainless. Then we take an early break.
After the break we open up a few beers from one of our listeners, Vance from South Carolina. We do circle back to the beers that are on tap at Fall. The guys talk about their most popular beers, but also there’s a longer conversation about the beers that aren’t selling. From there were get into listener questions and the news. But don’t worry, there’s still plenty of hilarity during all of this.
- Matthew Garcia (Instagram: therealmatatat) – Why won’t they just keep original Jinxremover on tap or at least make it again?
- Hillary Jones (Instagram: _hillarymae) – Felix the cat?!
- Mike (Instagram: socalbrewcrew) – There was a rumor of a satellite tasting room in Chula Vista, is this true or false? Please, PLEASE say true!
- Markus (Instagram: jynxbaby1508) – Why is greenhat so good?
In The News!
- Fourpenny House coming to La Mesa – Downtown La Mesa, 8325 La Mesa Boulevard. Brewpub started by Peter Soutowood (brewmaster) and Khalid Kyler (head brewer), two-and-a-half-barrel brewing system and five-tank cellar.
- AleSmith is brewing a Mexican-style lager on behalf of Sublime. 12oz. six-pack cans through normal distribution with an initial small batch of limited edition 40oz. bottles to be made available for sale from the brewery.
- New Brewery alert! Wiseguy Brewing is now soft opened (grand opening April 8th) 6 beers on currently – 5840 El Camino Real #100 in Carlsbad.
- Silva Brewing lands in San Diego at an unexpected place, Round Table Pizza on Friars Road. 9 beers and they are the first to showcase SIlva’s return to SD. Fathom will be getting some on Sunday as well.
- Thr3e Punk Ales has ABC and TTB approval- just waiting on power and gas to fire up the kettles!
I Do Declare!
Thank you The Perfect Pour, Colin Salmon, Tait Campbell, Ken Lierman, Chris Bush, Mitch Tantrum, Tony Bagz, Aaron Graham, Tom Keliinoi, Nick Shields, Ryan DeBusk, Eddie Martin, West Coaster, Roger Smith, Captain Eli, Craftbeeray, and Vance for the beers sent to us!
Where to find our guests:
This episode was recorded at Fall Brewing Co.
Check out our new Support Us! page!
We have a Patreon Page!
Pledge $1 or give more, either way we love our listeners. We hope we provide some value in your life so you can provide some value in ours. Value for Value model. Look at the various rewards we have, even more value we can give our best fans!
Buy a T-shirt and put SD BeerTalk on your chest!
Go to store.sdbeertalk.com and pre-order a shirt in either white or dark grey. All shirts are $20.
Rate us on iTunes!
We understand not everyone can give back via Patreon. Another way you can help us reach a bigger audience is rating the show in iTunes. Please give us some feedback and rate us!
Our logo was created by Craft Beerd artist Rudy Pollorena Jr. If you like craft beer and want to show your passion, check out his art and buy some merch.