From the ashes this podcast comes to life. Don’t worry, nothing happened to us, but I can’t say the same thing about Pacific Beach AleHouse which had a fire rip through their kitchen in February of 2015. We’ll touch more on that and other topics with their Head Brewer Jonathan Reilly, their General Manager Johnny Leal, and their Head Chef Eric Sarkisian.
As we said above, we start off talking about the fire. More importantly we talk about what happened after the fire. Johnny and Eric talk about the motif of the restaurant and what has changed since the fire. We want to apologize if you can not eat while you listen to this, Chef Eric starts talking about the food they have. We also find out that every employee had a job while the restaurant was rebuilding, that’s something we did not focus enough on during the show. Our burgers show up so we take a break to scarf them down.
Just before we come back from the break some sports-ball watchers are having a ton of fun, that might be a reoccurring theme for the rest of the show. When we do come back we talk more food, specifically the burgers we both ate. We talk a little about pairing those burgers with their beers. How about doing a garlic fries taste-off between PB AleHouse and Gordon Biersch. We ask Eric more about food and of course fish tacos come in the conversation. We head back to Jonathan to talk beer as we go through the beers. We have listed the beers we had below.
- Slomo Saison
- Law Street Lager
- 858 Blonde
- Rockfish Red Ale
- Grand Ave. IPA
- Soledad Stout – on CO2, Nitro, and an Oatmeal Coffee version
We take another break and come back with the Oatmeal Coffee version of Soledad Stout. We then move onto our segments.
In The News!
- Lightning Brewery up for sale. Jim Crute opened with the notion that 10-20% of his beer would be sold out of his tasting room, while the rest would be wholesale. In reality it must be the exact opposite. More about this story here.
- 5,500 sq.ft.
- 30 bbl flexible brewhouse.
- 350 bbls of fermentation space.
- 140 bbl of brite beer capacity.
- 22 and 12 fl.oz. bottlers.
- Furnished tasting room w/ outdoor area.
- “Office Bud-E” Do you always want a cooler full of beer at your office and have it automatically order more when it gets empty? Well then, get your Goose Island, Golden Road, Bud Lite machine today! 180 beers, connects to wifi, and set up by phone app. Only available in New York City, Los Angeles, & Chicago right now. Find out more about this product here.
- Not Really San Diego – Congratulations to Silva Brewing on the soft opening!
I Do Declare!
Thank you The Perfect Pour, Colin Salmon, Tait Campbell, Ken Lierman, Chris Bush, Mitch Tantrum, Tony Bagz, Aaron Graham, Tom Keliinoi, Nick Shields, Ryan DeBusk, Eddie Martin, and West Coaster!
Where to find our guests:
This episode was recorded at Pacific Beach AleHouse.
Check out our new Support Us! page!
We have a Patreon Page!
Pledge $1 or give more, either way we love our listeners. We hope we provide some value in your life so you can provide some value in ours. Value for Value model. Look at the various rewards we have, even more value we can give our best fans!
Buy a T-shirt and put SD BeerTalk on your chest!
Go to store.sdbeertalk.com and pre-order a shirt in either white or dark grey. All shirts are $15 during the pre-order when you use coupon code SDBT5.
Rate us on iTunes!
We understand not everyone can give back via Patreon. Another way you can help us reach a bigger audience is rating the show in iTunes. Please give us some feedback and rate us!
Our logo was created by Craft Beerd artist Rudy Pollorena Jr. If you like craft beer and want to show your passion, check out his art and buy some merch.