We have our first show recorded from The Brew Project in Hillcrest. Our main topic for this show is the West Coaster’s 15 in ’15, Best of SD Beer 2015. We start though with talking about Derek and Abnormal Beer Co. We just learned of their $1 Million expansion plans a few weeks ago, Derek delves into it a little more. We also talk about Mike’s role in West Coaster and then eventually start talking about the Best 15 in ’15. It helps that Abnormal was one of the winners. Both guys are super knowledgable about #SDBeer and we just let them take the reins and talk while we power through this list.
West Coaster’s 15 in ‘15!
- Best San Diego Brewery: Modern Times
- Best San Diego Brewpub: Abnormal Beer Co. (Episode 26)
- Best Brewer in San Diego: Cosimo Sorrentino
- Best Homebrewer in San Diego: Chris Banker
- Best Tasting Room: Green Flash & Cellar 3 (Episode 41)
- Best Beer Bar: Toronado
- Best Beer Restaurant: Urge American Gastropub
- Best Beertender: Nate Soroko
- Best Homebrew Shop: The Homebrewer
- Best Beer Neighborhood: North Park
- Best Tap Selection & Rotation: Hamiltons Tavern
- Best Beer Festival: San Diego Brewers Guild Fest (Episode 38)
- Best Bottleshop: Bine & Vine (Episodes 36 & 5)
- Best New Beer Spot: Second Chance Brewing Co. (Episode 35)
- Best San Diego Beer: #allthebeers There were too many favorite beers to pick just one.
Brian and Sore Eye Suds is doing their annual Sore Eye Sudsmas at Societe Brewing. It’s main purpose is to get donations of canned products to the food bank. The more cans you bring, the more raffle tickets you get and the price list is AMAZING! It will be on December 19th at 5PM. RSVP using the FaceBook link above.
I Do Declare!
Dave Adams from Green Flash Cellar 3 for donating $5 to the show!
The Perfect Pour for their Patreon pledge!
Ryan M – itzryan619 (Instagram) – How about some home brewing tips for a first timer. Would be extremely helpful.
Travis Hudson – craftbeerluv619 (Instagram) – Tell Derek I know a distributor when he’s ready to stop lifting heavy kegs 😉
Travis Hudson – Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Where to find our guests:
This episode was recorded inside The Brew Project.
We have a Patreon Page!
Give $1 or give more, either way we love our listeners. We hope we provide some value in your life so you can provide some value in ours. Value for Value model. Look at the various rewards we have, even more value we can give our best fans!
Voicemail: In North County: (760) 919-4004. In North Park: (619) 900-6000.
All music is from The Routine. Check them out and go to a show!
Our logo was created by Craft Beerd artist Rudy Pollorena Jr. If you like craft beer and want to show your passion, check out his art and buy some merch.