In the News:
AB-InBev buys more breweries. In the last week AB-InBev has purchased: (Each link to a story)
But here is where this gets even more interesting. AB-InBev reportedly is giving incentives and bonuses to distribution partners for carrying 98% AB-InBev products in their portfolio. The Wall Street Journal (article for paid subscribers) has reported this information about the possible program that could pay out $150 million to distributors for mainly carrying their products. This has pushed one #IndieBeer brand, Deschutes from Grey Eagle Distributing out of St. Louis, MO. Free tail Brewing out of San Antonio, TX has a good article about the overall picture.
Another big brand, Constellation Brands was featured on Jim Cramer’s money show. The CEO Rob Sands was interviewed by Cramer.
Sands can’t even name the IPA that sitting on the shelf behind him. I made a mistake, Sands did mention the name Sculpin. Thanks William for the correction. Plus Cramer is basically throwing him softball questions the entire time. If you want to see the video, here you go.
In good news plenty of breweries are opening and/or expanding.
- 32 North opening tap room in Liberty Station collective – directly across the street from Stone. Owner Steve Peterson has accepted the invitation of the Moniker Group to be a tenant.
- Fallbrook Brewing partnering to open bar and restaurant. Firehouse Que and Brew is a BBQ restaurant a mile south of the brewery.
- Kensington Brewing Co. opening a tasting room soon in Grantville, brewing since 2014.
- Bear Roots opened in Vista. It is also a homebrew shop and a space to brew on premise.
- Brewery Igniter opening second grouping of ready-to-brew facilities in North Park. The Miramar location should be open soon.
- Urge Gastropub Oceanside & Mason Ale Works will open soon. They are located on Vista Way on the corner of Pacific Coast Highway aka The 101.
I Do Declare!
The Perfect Pour for their Patreon pledge!
Come out to Alpine Pub on December 29th around 7PM! We are recording a live show, come on over and be on the mic and talk to our Alpine and Green Flash guests!
This episode was recorded on my couch. 🙂
We have a Patreon Page!
Give $1 or give more, either way we love our listeners. We hope we provide some value in your life so you can provide some value in ours. Value for Value model. Look at the various rewards we have, even more value we can give our best fans!
Voicemail: In North County: (760) 919-4004. In North Park: (619) 900-6000.
All music is from The Routine. Check them out and go to a show!
Our logo was created by Craft Beerd artist Rudy Pollorena Jr. If you like craft beer and want to show your passion, check out his art and buy some merch.