Have you ever wanted to #PutSomeSouthInYourMouth? Well, we hope so, because the new episode is all about that. We are joined by a bunch of people from the South Bay. For those not familiar, South Bay is generally any part of San Diego from around the 54 freeway to the border. We are joined in this episode by:
- Kendell Manion – Third Ave Alehouse
- Eddie Trejo – Machete Beer House
- Dr. Gonzalo Quintero “Dr. Q” – La Bella Pizza Garden
- Homero Cardenas – Spring Valley Swap Meet Beer Garden
- Steve Garcia – 3 Punk Ales
- Matt Cieslak – The Manhattan & The Elwood
- Seth Hirschenbein – Groundswell Brewing
In the News
- Coronado plans to sell the Monkey Paw Brand and location which they purchased September 2017. There was also a lawsuit filed by Scot Blair on April 25, 2018, suing for $33,534, plus interest for unpaid payments from the sale. However, this sale is aimed at refocusing attention on growing the core Coronado business and not the lawsuit.
- Green Flash announces Michael Taylor will become the CEO of the newly formed company. He has once had various positions for A-B InBev as well as a board member of Craft Brew Alliance.
- Border X expanding to LA! It will be in Bell, CA at 4400 Gage Street and it will be a tasting room at 7,000 square feet with ceilings over 30 feet high and a 3,000-square-foot mezzanine. They are funding the expansion partially from Wefunder.com looking for $150-750k from investors.
- Mason Ale Works will be opening up a new restaurant in Carmel Valley, 5550 Carmel Mountain Road.
I Do Declare!
Thank you, The Perfect Pour, Colin Salmon, Ken Lierman, Chris Bush, Tony Bagz, Tom Keliinoi, West Coaster, Dave V, Roger Smith, Captain Eli, Craftbeeray, Vance Arthurs, Bill Benzel, Patrick Zacharias, Greg Nagel, Neil Halpin, John Allegretti, Scott Schmalbach, Brian Goold, Matt Landes, Cyrus B, Ben, Hoppy Craftsmen Podcast, Rock Out Scholarship Fund (Shawn Coady), Gwynntelligence (Padres Jagoff), Carlos Lee, Liz Bauer, James Ramsay, Christa Mitchell, Johnny Rivera, Tyler Ferguson, Queso, Oscar Barron, Amy Spackman, and NEW! Three Frogs Beer Company!
This episode was recorded live at Machete Beer House.
We are sponsored by!
TapCraft is an original San Diego draught systems company, with over 60 years of experience designing, installing and maintaining systems locally and beyond. Setting the industry standard for all beverage draught systems, TapCraft is Draughting Quality Beverages.
Check out our new Support Us! Page!
We have a Patreon Page!
Pledge $1 or give more, either way, we love our listeners. We hope we provide some value in your life so you can provide some value to ours. Value for Value model. Look at the various rewards for even more value we can give our best fans!
Rate us on iTunes!
We understand not everyone can give back via Patreon. Another way you can help us reach a bigger audience is rating the show on iTunes. Please give us some feedback and rate us!
All music is from The Routine. Check them out and go to a show!
Our logo was created by Craft Beerd artist Rudy Pollorena Jr. If you like craft beer and want to show your passion, check out his art and buy some merch.